Monday, January 28, 2008

Think Outside the Box

One of my favorite feelings is keeping something out of the landfill. It's for this reason that our recycling bin is at the curb every week but one of our trash bins only once every two weeks, that there are toilet paper rolls cut in half in my gardening supplies, and that my latest favorite recipe makes use of stale tortilla chips.

It is also for this reason that I had boxes and bags marked "thrift store" in the back room, and why I was pulling out our old wedding favors (from almost a year ago) and adding them to the collection.

In went the unopened silk petals, in went the tin rings, in went the....

Say, these little silver bells are perfect to scare produce-pecking birds away! They're shiny, light enough to move in the Oklahoma wind, and they're sturdy enough to use over and over!

Not to mention, they're adorable and will make a pleasant little tinkling sound in the breeze. Bonus!
Wedding Bells for the Garden!

No comments: