Monday, June 16, 2008

Resource for Oklahoma Gardeners

I just wanted to share a wonderful resource for Oklahoma gardeners.  OSU publishes some wonderful online PDFs on gardening/farming.  I've been eyeing the Fall Gardening PDF in particular lately and will be starting some broccoli seeds indoors before long.

A few garden updates:

  • My Sugar Snap Peas stopped producing and started looking a little dried up, so I've taken them out and plan to grow more in the fall.  The Genovese Tomato plant should get a little more sun as a result.
  • I'll be harvesting the last of the lettuce this week.  I planted some greens so we might be able to keep the salad coming for a while, I but suspect it'll get so hot I'll have to pick them young.  I let one Little Gem Romaine bolt and think we should be seeing a blossom soon.  I'll have to do some research to see if there are any special methods to save the seed.
  • The tomatoes are going strong!  Tons of cherry tomatoes, at least two green Genovese Tomatoes, and flowers on the brandywines!  I am so excited!!!
  • We have wee baby cucumbers, one of which is longer than my thumb.  Their  vines are growing like mad, and it's been a little bit of a challenge to train them to the trellis.

I hope everyone's June is productive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.